Web Foundations for the Non Geek
Is your website your business?
If you rely on the web, shouldn’t you understand how it works?
Web Foundations for the Non-Geek is an e-book based on the idea that everyone with a website would benefit from understanding more about how the web works even if they do not have a technical background. It lays out the technical principles of how the web works in simple language.
Save time and frustration!
- Every blog and website management system has a place for you to write your content. By understanding how the web works, you can go into the HTML editor and have confidence that you can get the effect you want quickly and easily.
- Learn make simple changes, without scrambling for a developer.
- Understand the examples you find online. Never again paste HTML into your site without knowing what it will do.
Save money working with developers
- Learn what you can do yourself and without running to an expensive developer with every tiny request.
- If you can make changes yourself, you don’t need to wait on turnaround time either.
- When you do decide to go to a developer, you can talk to them more effectively and get to the results faster.
Is blogging your business?
- As a blogger you are writer, editor, publisher and photographer. Oh and don’t forget tech support.
- Write kick ass posts, styled the way you want to at 2am on the night before the deadline without wasting hours.
What is in the book
The e-book is a 96 page PDF packed with information and examples.
Gain confidence in using your website.
- Learn how a browser puts together a webpage and what caching is and how it can help or hinder you
- Understand the pieces of a URL and how the landscape of the web fits togethe.
- Learn about images, their sizes and how a little thought can speed them up for your site
- Learn what source code is and how to get at it
- Learn about how to read HTML and the high impact tags that are easy to use
- Learn the basics of styling with CSS and a list of styles that you can put to work immediately
Help Shape the next Edition
Your feedback and questions will shape the next edition. Later editions are free for buyers of the previous edition. And as the book gets refined and expanded, the price could go up. Buying the first edition gives you all of the later editions at a lower initial price.
Ask questions and get answers. Then see those answers help others.
Ready to Buy Now?
I don’t want to become a programmer? I just want my site to look good.
This is not a programmers guide. This is a guide to the biggest impact with the least geekiness.
Is it worth the money and time? I’m a busy person.
The price of the book is less than a typical developers hourly rate which can easily run $60 an hour or more. So if you save even a single hour of developer time, the book pays for itself. And then think of time saved understanding things instead of hunting endlessly in the web or fighting with an HTML editor.
Can’t I get all of this for free online?
Yup, the internet is vast and full of information. First you would have to figure out the questions and then search for the answers. Often most of the technical stuff online is written for other techies. Here is an all-in-one package laid out to read easily.
What if my answer isn’t here?
Send me feedback! I have been working with the web for 12 years and want to share this knowledge with everyone. Help shape the next edition of the book and get your answers at the same time. Everyone who buys the first edition will get a free copy of the next editions. You are my first supporters, it makes sense that you get the best information.
YES! I want this book!
You can also sign up to the monthly newsletter for more information.